Friday, January 1, 2010

Pleasuring the Senses in Summer - A Detour to Tivoli


In 2003, we were in Spain for some months and, deciding to take a break in the middle, headed off to Italy - I suspect for some kind of nostalgic reasons related to travels past.

Being the height of summer and baking in Rome, it seemed natural to day trip to the watery pleasure gardens of the Villa d'Este at Tivoli.



After meditating for some time beside this copy of Artemis of Ephesus ...


... I found myself in a severely thematic mood ...







... which was only interrupted by the hourly grand water works display ...



Wandering back into town from the villa later in the day, our senses were again assailed - this time by the annual floral roadway displays, the significance of which I've totally forgetten ...



Having being so rudely distracted from my earlier thematic snapping, I decided to take up another long time favorite - entrances and doorways ...


... and the addiction lingered over into the next day in Rome ...


I now realise I've long been deluded thinking my most powerful organ was between my ears ... and fully understand I work much much better on a sensory level.

Surprise surprise, you say!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment